More organized version names

View previous topic View next topic Go down

More organized version names

Post by Skyrider on Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:59 am

This is to Aravind specifically. I'd tell him in person but he isn't online. Ara, I'd really appreciate it if you could organize versions a little bit better. Let me explain. The first version of the game you gave me was titled "Test(2)". The one after that was "prealpa" with the exe and folder inside being named "prealpha". Today, before you left, you gave me a new version of the name with some updates made with the exact same names as the one before. The rars, folders and files all have crummy names and I just want to make sure we keep things organized. When you upload a new ZEDU and give us the download link, it is officially the next version. Whether you make minor or major updates before you release it is up to you. But I just want to keep things simple. Like, "Prealpha_Build_001" or something like that. The indie game "The Dead Linger" uses a very simple system like that. Build 009 is the latest release and Build 010 is the next one coming up.

So if you could Aravind, just name the main folder of the game "ZED-U_Prealpha_Build_001" or whatever the build is. Currently, since you just gave me a new update, the build is 002 and the next one will be 003. It just makes things easier if you'd do that. I really want to keep all builds and updates organized.

Edit: Last thing, you can name the inside files whatever you want. I just want the main folder, the directory, to have a name like I explained.

Edit: Sorry, last thing for real. If spaces are, for whatever reason, some kind of issue then use an underline. Otherwise, use spaces.
Skyrider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: More organized version names

Post by *(AraVin:D)* on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:09 am

okay we will go with "ZED-U_Prealpha_Build_001"

Smile 
*(AraVin:D)*
Admin

View user profile http://zentersunity.forummotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dida on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:14 am

I am very interested about any begining tests and stuff so i was wondering...do you still have the one before pre alpha?I would really want to try it out Very Happy

Skyrider if you got older version send me through PM.

Dida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyrider on Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:03 pm

Sure thing. I know you're a Beta Tester so okay.
Skyrider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dida on Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:10 pm

Thanks.Very Happy 
Dida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content